Monday, September 22, 2008
Making New Relationships and Learning About Myself in the Process
One thing that I have learned about myself as I have begun to make and build new relationships is that I can. For the longest time in high school I had one main friend and the rest I considered more or less acquaintances but here, here there is a much more friendly atmosphere. I think it's easier to start a conversation with someone because we all have a common ground here. We are all going to college to better ourselves. In high school I didn't say hi as much when passing people in the hallways on the way to class because I felt kind of shy and almost awkward and most people took that as me being cold and stuck-up. Now that I've started off saying hi to most people when I pass by them on the way to class, it is easier. As far as teachers go, they are friendly like most of the teachers I had in high school, but they also seem genuine when they say they want to help you and that they care about you. I have learned that I should not worry so much about how awkward I may seem when talking to somebody because everybody has experienced awkwardness at some point another in their lives and so are able to relate and not judge. I have learned that not everybody will judge me before they get to know me, so I should try to develop many friendships while at Converse. I now have more confidence in myself as far as relationships go and am looking forward to using it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes, each of you are starting on the same playing field. Happy to hear you feel more confident building relationships. College is a time to experience new things, and meet new and different people.
Post a Comment