Monday, October 20, 2008
Election 2008
The election of 2008 is important to me because whoever is elected president, will determine whether or not he wants to follow through with his proposals and to what extent. Both McCain and Obama generally have many of the same plans with varying solutions to the problems of the economy. They both say that they want to decrease the amount of debt that we're in, but they have different ways of going about it. For instance, Obama wants to reverse the Bush tax cuts to raise money, but in the past, raising taxes has been a disincentive for buying goods. McCain, on the other hand, wants to keep these tax cuts permanent and control government spending with a one year pause. It remains to be seen how these policies may effect our economy, but given what I know about our candidates, I want to vote for McCain. Obama wants to pull our troops out from Iraq too fast. McCain better understands war since he's participated in one. In my personal opinion, from watching Obama's acceptance speech, he is too cocky to be a good president. I would rather have a humble president that spends more time looking for solutions to the problems of our economy and puts those plans into action, than putting other people down as Obama did. I look forward to voting for the first time, since I just turned eighteen in June!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Please to hear you have researched the candidates, and intend to vote. This election certainly will make history!
I hope that who ever wins has the right plan to fix our economy. I'm too young to vote, but even if i could I'm not sure who I would vote for.
Emily posted a comment and I accidently deleted it, just so you know Witney.
Post a Comment